Monday, July 23, 2012

"I will fear no Evil, for thou art with me....'

Peaks, Pits, Praises and Prayers 


So I am a day late on this post but I had a good excuse....I was busy watching Emily chose Jef love on the Bachelorette finale! :) I will admit my one vice for reality TV is the Bachelor and Bachelorette. I have been a faithful watcher for awhile now. I don't know if it is the romantic in me or if I just find the drama entertaining. Nonetheless, I have high hopes for Emily and Jef!

Anyway, back to what my post...

Peak
This is a hard one because I had an amazing week! But helping with Live to Forgive on Friday and listening to Nick Vujicic talk on Friday night was such a great experience. 

I also loved the Enumclaw Street fair! My sister and I helped with the Enumclaw 5k on Saturday morning. Lots going on in Enumclaw this past week/weekend. I love just being able to drive an hour to be home. I love the small town I am from and I know I am blessed to grow up in such a great community. 

"Parents give their children two great gifts, roots and wings..." 

Pits
I sit here writing the blog so saddened by the devastation on the Colorado shootings in the Regal Cinemas. Saddened by the actions of the shooter. Saddened how fallen our world is. Saddened that the lives of 12 people were cut way to short. 

God never promised a life without pain or suffering, however, He did promise that He will never leave us. He promised He will be our ultimate comforter in times of suffering and trials. The thing about God is that He suffers when we suffer. He doesn't want this to happen to us. He doesn't want His children to be in pain. But that is the reality of our world. Sin started in the garden with Adam and Eve and will continue until He comes again. But until then we can have faith that God is with us. These events shake us and put fear into our hearts. But we need to remember that God says do not be afraid. He did not give us the spirit of fear but of power and love and a sound mind. Hopefully, through this inconceivable act in our fallen world will bring people closer to Christ. That people will find comfort in the only One who can out that spirit of hope back into their lives, a spirit that can calm and give them peace. 

I pray for the friends and families of the victims. I pray that you will seek the comfort of Christ and that He may give you a peace and healing that only He can provide. 

Praises

This is gives me comfort. Knowing God knows my future and that my life is in His hands.

Prayers
This Wednesday I head to Up til Dawn event in Memphis! I take a red eye Wednesday night. Not looking forward to that but I will have all day Thursday to explore Memphis!

My prayer for that trip is that I will honor God. I pray Lord that You watch over me and bless me during my trip. Lord, open up opportunities for me to be a light for You. Expand my territory. Lord, I pray that You open my heart and my mind to the St. Judes mission and the children that they help. I pray that I will come home refreshed and ready to take on the UTD fundraiser at SPU. I pray for the hearts and energy for my student executive board and that we will all work together to honor St. Jude and the children.

Romans 8:28

A passion has lighted in my heart for St. Judes Children's hospital and I am thrilled for this opportunity to bring this fundraiser to SPU! 

Until next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear how you are enjoying your journey!