Tuesday, July 17, 2012

The Resolution for Women


Resolution of Contentment

When I used to think of the word contentment, I saw it as a negative word, like I am "settling" in life. I never want to settle. No one wants to be labeled as settling. Because of this, I am so scared of "stalling" in life that I am always looking toward the next moment, the next month, the next event, rarely allowing myself the privilege of fully participating and embracing the happenings that are right before me daily.

I dont think this is how God intended us to live our lives. I need a change! I have been reading the book below. Boy, has it changed my view on the word contentment!

"By choosing contentment, you are not getting rid of your desires; you are just demanding that they assume an appropriate, humble position in your life, not bossing you around like a tyrannical dictator forcing you to submit to his ever-glowing and ever-changing list of demands."
"Choosing contentment will offer you an opportunity to look forward to tomorrow with peace and ease and an appropriate anticipation instead of the frustration and hurriedness that often accompanies our glances toward the future. It will be your ticket to live with goals and ambitions inspired by His expansive, mind-blowing will, without having to sacrifice today's blessing."

And as for me, being a content single women, whose desire to one day marry and have a family is strong, I can enjoy this season in my life as I continue pursue God's plan for me.



"A single woman is actually able to enjoy her independence not just pretend she does- and yet be equally excited about what sharing life with a future mate may be life. She neither has to abandon hope of marriage nor cave to those depressing tinges of self pity and emptiness."

I commit to the resolution of contentment in my life.

The Resolution for Women inspires women with intentional, spirit-filled living from three unique angles. Section one, entitled, "This Is Who I Am," helps a woman define herself as "authentically me, purposefully feminine, surprisingly satisfied, and faithfully His." Section two, "This Is What I Have," invites her to value "my best, my blessing, my honor, and my heart." And Section three, "This Is What Matters To Me," focuses on joyfully honoring God as a wife, mother, and family member while resolving to live with the grace that leaves a godly legacy. The Resolution for Women is designed to inspire a revolution.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear how you are enjoying your journey!