Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Blackberries & Chocolate

In lieu of my love for the Olympics I had to change my background. Plus I finally discovered the fun background designs!

Anyway, tonight I took a huge leap in my baking skills.  Usually baking for me consist of buying frozen chocolate chip cookie dough or brownie mix.

However, one of my amazing co-workers and his wonderful daughter Emma gave me a whole bunch of fresh blackberries and instead of using them for my usual yogurt parfaits, I felt like I should expand my efforts a bit. I knew I had only two things for sure; blackberries and phyllo sheets. My roommates and I randomly had phyllo sheets from an event awhile ago but I had no idea how to even use them so, of course, I headed to PINTEREST to get some ideas.

I found some yummy recipes on lots of great blackberry treats. I took some ideas from here, took some ideas there, saw what I had in the refrigerator and badda bing, badda boom! Came up with this yummy treat!

1/2 Greek yogurt
1/2 Fat Free cottage cheese
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla
pinch of nutmeg
1/2 fresh blackberries

They were so good I just had to make some chocolate ones!
1/2 cup greek yogurt
1/2 ricotta part skim
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla
cocoa powder
1 DOVE dark chocolate square in each one



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear how you are enjoying your journey!