Friday, September 21, 2012

Friday Thoughts!





Tomorrow evening is one of our biggest athletic events in terms of importance when making a significant and lasting good impression to our freshman! It is our freshman orientation game. We hold a fun pep rally in Martin Square with trivia games, prizes, a ton of rah! rah! And then all 500 or so freshman walk down to Interbay stadium for a night of soccer. This year our women soccer team is playing against Central Washington. It is almost 5:30pm on a Friday night and I am still at work getting this event organized. Lots of planning goes in to this event and of course I have to make it better than last year! J
However, about an hour ago my sister called and told me her water broke (insert panic button). Really?  Now? Before THIS event Jace has decided to make his grand entrance into the world. After I took a moment to first just breathe, I then took a moment to pray. I prayed first for the health and protection over Beth, Kevin and Baby Jace. Secondly, for strength for the next couple days.  With the physical state I am in (only getting 5 hours of sleep last night getting back from the Puyallup fair, anxiety for the event tomorrow and a new nephew) I knew I couldn’t do it on my own!
Here comes the biggest athletic event of the season AND the birth of my first nephew! My mom always told me that God has a sense of humor J
 ------------------------------
Anyway, as I was going about today this Desiring God Blog Post came through my email and I wanted to make sure I wrote it down.

"Only let each person lead the life that the Lord has assigned to him, and to which God has called him… in whatever condition each was called, there let him remain with God. "

1 Corinthians 7:17, 24


Because it is fall and beautiful.

According to 1 Corinthians 7:17–24, our job (assuming it’s not inherently unethical or immoral) is an assignment from God. That doesn’t mean it’s a permanent assignment, but it’s today’s assignment.
And God wants us to carry out that assignment with dependent faith, diligence, and excellence.

God may call us someday as a vocational minister. He may not. But wherever he assigns us, “remain with God."

Make it your mission to take what God has made and shape it and use it to make him look great.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear how you are enjoying your journey!