Monday, November 19, 2012

Day 19 of Thankfulness




Today it rained
And it rained
And it rained
(And I have yet to buy a pair of rain boots)

Yes, I know it is Seattle, we should be used to it right?
But I haven't seen Seattle rain this hard in a long time
Not only rain but massive wind
The power ended up going out at work

As I gathered my things to leave I took one more glance outside 
I watched as students ran in panic to get to shelter
Drivers trying to figure out what was going on with the stop light
Water everywhere
I mean everywhere
The streets were flooding
Traffic was horrible 
Car accidents filled the radio

I think today it finally hit me the devastation of Hurricane Sandy
I was complaining because my new shoes were getting soaked from walking to my car to work
And to think, Seattle experienced 1/100th of what the east coast experienced


Today I am thankful I still have a place to come home too
A warm house
A safe place I can run too when the rains start to pour



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear how you are enjoying your journey!