Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Day 14 of Thankfulness




Thank God I am not in control of my life
Thank God I am not the one planning my life 
I think I know what I want but l don't 
I have no idea

When I pull away, He pushes back
When I walk astray, He leads me back
Though many times I dont know why, how or where I am going 
He is planning my life exactly the way He wants it
Molding me into the person He needs me to be
God is in control
100% in control


Not only is God is in control of my life, but He has a plan!  An amazing, hopeful, and prospering plan for me. 

I have been reading a book called "Kisses from Katie"
Katie was only 18 when she fell in love with the country of Uganda. 
She is now 22, lives in Uganda full time and has adopted 14 beautiful children. 
Katie's story is one of faithful obedience of following Gods plan for her. 
Katie was just an ordinary girl who said YES to an extraordinary God. 

I do not know my five-year plan; even tomorrow will probably not go as I have planned, I am thrilled and I am terrified, in a good way. 

Some call it courage, some call it foolish, I call it faith. I choose to get out of the boat. Sometimes I walk straight into His arms. more often, I get scared and look down and stumble. Sometimes I almost completely drown. 

And through it all, He never lets go of my hand. 

- Katie Davis "Kisses From Katie"


I don't know what my five year plan entails
 I bet tomorrow wont go as planned either
I do know that God is planning my life better than I can ever imagine
He is planning my future to prosper and with hope
That I am sure of

For that, I am thankful for having complete and utter lack of control in my life. And you know what, I am ok with that. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear how you are enjoying your journey!