Friday, December 28, 2012

Christmas Cheer


Christmas 2012


I just got back from our Christensen family Christmas
I am sitting at home listening to my last bit of Kenny G Holiday
 Nostalgic feelings always surface around Christmas time
The longing to be home is strong 
Christmas "renews our youth and stirs our wonder"


Though Christmas is still all around me the "magic of Christmas" has come to pass
The presents are unwrapped
The gatherings and get togethers are done
The New Year parties being planned
The stores bringing out Valentines day decorations 

I will have to start taking down and packing all my Christmas decorations
I will have to start planning for my return to work and getting organized for the New Year
Everything the past two months leading to this season is over and done

However, this year is different for me
 Instead of being sad, bitter and horribly anxious that this season is over 
I am HOPEFUL

I am reminded that our true present is our Savior Jesus Christ
We don't have to wait just for Christmas to accept His gift
The Christmas season simply reminds us of this perfect gift 





"For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And He will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, and Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace."

Isaiah 9:6


His Love
His Peace
His Grace
His Redemption
His Forgiveness
His Acceptance

We can be hopeful
All year long

So I will be! 

I am hopeful that He has amazing things planned for me this coming year
I am hopeful that my life is going EXACTLY how He wants it
I am hopeful that I am being made and prepared everyday for His glory

That is one GREAT gift!







 ---------------------My Christmas in pictures!

Mom and dad say that Chris and I have to take pictures "with santa" until I get married- Oh geez

It has been quite the holiday break for me!
It started with a wedding on Dec. 21st
My sister was my wedding date-or maybe I was hers? :) 


My sister and I have always had a great relationship
But I will always remember our time together before the wedding
We had an amazing talk that I will never forget

I was feeling pretty sorry for myself that day
I did not exactly know what I was longing for or why I felt so empty
That night was definitely an answer to prayer
Being able to talk to my sister and be completely vulnerable was such a blessing
She knew exactly how I felt
We talked for awhile about our dreams, goals, and the desires of our hearts


It was exactly what I needed

What I prayed for
Just some good ol' sister bonding
I am excited to grow closer and stronger in our walk together


Me. Beth, Jordan, Amanda, Bailey
Another NBC girl gets married


Seahawks! Dec. 23rd the Seahawks beat the 49ers in a HUGE Division game!
Jace was just as excited like his auntie  


Christmas Eve night
Christmas night

Reading by the fire with my mom and CHristmas carols playing
I am learning to cherish all the moments being home
The little blessings in life 


I am so excited to start reading these books!

Greater
The Reason for God


And I am so in love with Jace I cant even handle it!
Look at that smile!
One of Christmas's best presents
#onlysecondtobabyJesus


The both love me don't let this one fool you!

Christensen cousins- missing Jon and Joey 


Christmas 2012 you were one to remember!


"I trust in God's unfailing love for ever and ever. For what you have done I will always praise you in the presence of your faithful people. And I will hope in Your name, for Your name is good."

Psalm 52:8-9 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear how you are enjoying your journey!