Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Christmas in Heaven

We will never understand why things like this happen
We only can cling on to God all the more
Cling on to His promise
Cling on to His love

His evertlasting, never forsaking peace, love and comfort

He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds
Psalm 147:3




--------------------------------------------


I am praying with and for the world
I am mourning with the world
But honestly, it has taken me a few days to really comprehend what happened
Last night as I was praying
My radio on low as usual
 This song came on

"Christmas in Heaven"
 Is there snow falling down on the streets of gold
Are the mansions all covered in white
Are you singing with angels silent night
I wonder..... what Christmas in Heaven is like
Are you kneeling with shepherds before him now
Can you reach out and touch his face
Are you part of that glorious holy night
I wonder..... What Christmas in Heaven is like

Instant tears
Tears of sadness
Tears of pain
Tears of frustration

Why?
Why another terrible tragedy?
Heavy Hearts
Mourning
Griefing
Questioning
All part of the process
But never really fully understanding

After some minutes of sobbing, God began to reveal something to me
Through the terrible sadness we all are experiencing
Through our human pain and suffering on earth
It is a reminder that we are not home

They are HOME

They get to dance on streets made of gold
Play in the mansions covered in white
They get to sing silent night with the angels
and kneel with the shepherds
They get to touch the face of God
and experience a glorious Holy Night

They dont have to wonder what Christmas in Heaven is like
They get to experience Christmas in heaven
They get to experience their best Christmas ever
How sweet that is!

Dancing with angels this Christmas!


I pray for the friends and families of the victims.
I pray that they will seek the comfort of Christ and that He may give them a peace and healing that only He can provide.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear how you are enjoying your journey!