Monday, December 10, 2012

Wherever You Go


Even though I walk through the darkest valley
 I will fear no evil, for you are with me 
your rod and your staff they comfort me.

Psalm 23:4




When the business of the season gets overwhelming 
When I get caught up in the worldly expectations 
When my dreams seem too big and out of reach
When my fear of failure overtakes my mind

I was reminded yet again to keep HIM my focus 
Keep HIM my on my mind 
Let Him lead me through this day
Step by step

Whoever serves me must follow me; and where I am, my servant also will be. My Father will honor the one who serves me.

John 12:26

Those who know your name trust in you,
    for you, Lord, have never forsaken those who seek you.

Psalm 9:10 

When this happens, eventually I will learn to relax and enjoy this adventure of this journey together. 
As long as I stay close to Him, His sovereign Presence will protect me wherever I go. 

-----------------------


And what an adventure I am on
Sunday was a day full of Christmas festivities for our family



My brother and I LOVE traditions
A couple weeks before Thanksgiving we tag a tree
Then beginning of December we go cut it down
Every. Single. Year. 

My mom stays home, turns on the music and makes coffee for our arrival
We go to the McNeely's tree farm just outside of Enumclaw 

I love choosing the perfect tree
I love getting bundled up 
I love listening to Christmas music on the way 
I love the hot cider and candy canes 
I love walking through all the trees 
I love the smell of the trees 
I love getting my hands full of sap
I love everything about this tradition

I will admit, every year I always seem to have just one moment of sadness
Just one minute!
I cant help but think when I am married 
Will this tradition stop?
Can I still come with my dad and brother?
I don't want to stop

OK, come back to the present Jessie
Why worry about that?
I am going to enjoy this tradition and the memories we made and are making


I received this ornament last spring and finally am able to hang it up
I decided to hang it at my parents tree because this is where I will be for Christmas 
It is a special ornament so it needs to be in a special place
My parents home


After decorating our tree we headed into Seattle for dinner and Elf the musical
Every Christmas season our family enjoys one night out to enjoy the festivities
We love going to musicals at 5th Ave.



Beth and Kevin were able to get a babysitter!
But don't worry we were getting updates on our baby
So it was kind of like he was with us right? 

Seriously, how cute is he?!






No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear how you are enjoying your journey!