Monday, February 18, 2013

Worth More Than Sparrows



It is the middle of winter, cold and little cloudy
Yet, here I am sit outside my parents house- I love being home
I am wrapped up in sweats and drinking extra hot coffee
I start to daydream as I watch the many birds fly to and from the bird house
Something about the birds chirping that gets my longing for spring


Spring has not always been a favorite season 
But this year my emotions and feelings of this season are changing
The season of spring brings hope
Brings fresh starts, new beginnings
Maybe it is the blooming flowers, the beautiful cherry blossoms that excite me

But as I sit here and the sun slowly starts to peak through the clouds
I see flower buds on bushes just waiting to bloom
And I watch and listen to the birds again 
God has provided everything they need
Shelter, food and a whole world to spread their wings and fly



It may still only be February, the dead of winter
But just like the small signs of nature
I see spring coming

I see a new season coming for me
I see hope
I have hope

"Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground outside your Father’s care. And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. So don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows."
Matthew 10:31



I don't know exactly what that will entail but God keeps showing me, in nature and in life, that new things are coming for me
Do not be afraid
He has been preparing me
He will provide
I am worth more than sparrows after all 

He has given me whole world to spread my wings








No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear how you are enjoying your journey!