Sunday, June 23, 2013

Climbing Montana Mountains


"Being confident of this, that He who began a good work 
in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.”

-Philippians 1:6


Though I am going to miss the beautiful mountains 
The simplicity of life 
I am thankful to be back for a couple reasons
I realized I was too comfortable 
We grow in those parts of our lives we are most uncomfortable
I need to grow right where I am at in my life
(Plus, I wont be missing those mosquitos!) 

I am so many emotions right now about last week
I was broken emotionally, physically and spiritually 
Yet it was by far one of the best weeks of my life

This week I was reminded that walking with the Lord is a constant journey

We are forever growing, learning, preparing, being created for Him

I should not expect to have arrived to where I want to me
As a leader, role model, impacter, women of faith
And you know I should not be expect to be even close!

I have no doubt God used this week to humble me to remind me that He is all I need
He will provide when needed
He will strengthen when need
He will carry out His plan for me in His timing

I truly believe God used this past week to show me a glimpse into what He has in store for me and to remind me that when we are walking on the path with Him we don't need to be perfect--->just keeping going forward towards Him
With Him


"Don't lose sight of the future God has for you because you want to be comfortable right now." 

-Joyce Meyer


Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more 
than all we ask or imagine, 
according to his power that is at work within us"
Ephesians 3:20 

Hiking with some athletes and our new friend and guide Austin


Every good and perfect gift is from above,

coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights,

who does not change
like shifting shadows.
James 1:17 

This was one of the coolest moments of the trip
Sharing our vision statements up in the mountains
"I am going to use my gifts of compassion, servant leadership and hard work
to bring Faith, Hope and Love to children in need ALL around the world"

I got to bond with these amazing athletes during our 18 hour car ride



"We step right out with recognition of God in some things, then self-consideration enters our lives and down we go. If you are truly recognizing your Lord, you have no business being concerned about how and where He engineers your circumstances.  

The things surrounding you are real, but when you look at them you are immediately overwhelmed, and even unable to recognize Jesus. That's when he asks "why did you doubt?" Let your actual circumstances be what they may, but keep recognizing Jesus maintaining complete reliance upon Him"





No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear how you are enjoying your journey!