Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Sometimes it's ok


Sometimes, it's ok...

to have oatmeal for dinner

to wear a hoodie with work pants


that your favorite jewelry consist of charity bands



to listen to a song five times in a row

to listen to Christmas music before Halloween

to not go to bed before 10pm...ever

(I may or may not have done all those this week today)


You know what else?
It is ok to not know what tomorrow will bring
It is ok not to know your ten year plans 
Who you will marry and what your "life calling" is
It is ok 
You know why?

Because He does

The one who created you, designed you and directing you
You may not know where
He does
You may not understand why
He does

In fact, you don't need to know 
He designed us not to look into the future
He designed us to live intimately with Him today
In trust that He has tomorrow
And the next day 
and forever planned out
Perfectly

I think God knows that if He told me where I was going, I would try and beat Him there
And I would
Instead He passes by me just long enough 
And I get a glance of where He is going 
I don't see the whole path
I barely see Him somedays
But I feel Him 
That quick brush against against my hand deep in my soul 
softly directing me
That is all I need to trust Him

So, though we don't know what our future holds
We know Who holds our future
And that brings me peace
And that is more than ok for me

Trust in the Lord with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways submit to him,
and he will make your paths straight.
Proverbs 3:5-6 




No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear how you are enjoying your journey!