Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Simple, really


When I get overwhelmed in life,  I sometimes feel I have no time to even process my thoughts
And trust me that happens, ask my friends as they talk to me and I stare blankly at them
When this happens, I know I am neglecting the basic disciplines of my life
Pray, read, meditate
Pray, read, meditate

Praying we'll begin to gain a godly perspective
 Reading and spending time with God causes the pressures of life to dissipate
 Meditation brings peace

Pray, read, meditate
Pray, read, meditate

simple, really
but why do I so easily forget?

My co-worker sent me this devotion today
Thankful for good timing because Lord knows I needed a reminder
#walkinlove  #inspiration
--------------
Our time spent with the Lord has a dramatic impact on our daily life.
When we set aside periods to meditate upon His Word and listen to what He's telling us,
we'll start to notice both subtle and dramatic changes taking place.
First, we'll begin to gain a godly perspective.
Certainly the apostle Paul was mindful of this; he actively prayed for himself
and others to have the Lord's outlook
Ephesians 1:16-- to my husband and my babies. My greatest blessings
When we start to see with enlightened eyes, the world—along with its joy and pain—
becomes much clearer as does our understanding of how to deal with circumstances.
Second, spending time with God causes the pressures of life to dissipate.
Jesus warned His disciples that they would face trouble in this world (just as all of us will),
but He assured them that they had no real reason to be afraid.
Why fear a foe that Christ has already conquered
John 16:33
Third, meditation brings peace.
In this troubled world, we frequently find ourselves in need of a tranquil heart,
which can be attained only through Jesus
i need to put this on a wall in my house to remind me everyday that it is a command to not worry or be afraid and stay rooted in God's peace.
Paul tells us that the world is not even capable of understanding God's peace
let alone able to offer us any kind of authentic serenity
While a desire for personal reward should not be our only reason for spending time with the Lord,
there are indeed wonderful blessings in store for those who meditate on His Word.


"And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus"
Phi. 4:7
Pray, read, meditate
Simple, really







No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear how you are enjoying your journey!