Thursday, May 15, 2014

We Are Called to Be Bold



 


After many days of dreaming, crying, praying and surrendering I have decided to leave my job of six years at Seattle Pacific University Athletics 

----------  

Two and a half years ago I was in need of something more in my life 
More Hope
More Dreams
More Desire
More love, impact and significance
More of Him

I prayed

"Lord, please ignite some passion in my my heart. ANYTHING Lord." 

Right away the Lord started placing dreams and desires on my heart I never knew was possible
Ephesians 3:20 started becaming my life verse
" Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine..."

I knew my story and adventure was starting
I didnt want to miss any of this journey so  I wrote my first ever blog post  

Seattle Pacific University Athletics has all I have known
A job and life I have ever known
A place where dreams discovered and fulfilled
A place where I grew professionally and personally

A place of comfort for over 10 years as an athlete and administrator

However, I have learned over the past couple years that we are not created to stay comfortable
In fact, when we become too comfortable, we stop growing and dreaming
Abundant life is discovered right outside your comfort zone

----------------------------------------------

***Here is a blog post I wrote a couple weeks ago when I knew I was supposed to leave

As I was running along the most beautiful path along lake union the sun was shining, beautiful house boats to my left, the wind at my face, the city of Seattle in clear view ahead of me
I see the our most famous landmark the Space Needle
 I look up at the tallest building in Seattle, the Columbia Tower
 I also see a glimpse of a 12th flag that now holds even more meaning to our beloved Superbowl champions-Definitely a year remember for Seattleites- a name I thought I would always call myself
But you now what I kept thinking about? How I wish I was somewhere else
I don’t know where but I am homesick
My soul is longing for something more, something bigger
Something or somewhere I can give more of myself and be broken for that what breaks Him


As long as we are on this earth, we will ache for something bigger,
because we were designed for something bigger- something better.

We are designed for an intimate relationship with God forever.

- Jennie Allen" Restless"

Go and make disciples of all nations. Matthew 28:18-20

 
 
I don’t think its in Seattle

In fact, I don’t think I belong in any specific city, state or country

We are called to GO into this world and be a light for Him
Wherever that is for me , is where I belong
Whether that is Africa in June
Another city later this summer
I don’t know where I belong right now
I do know its not Seattle
Or Enumclaw
I dont know




                       I may not know where I belong right now but I know Whom I belong too
I am holding onto Him to lead me into the unknown and satisfy my longing only He can fill
 
You know what I think? 
I think I know exactly where I am homesick for- My forever home-
A place where Seattle sunsets or the Seattle skyline will never compare
A real home where I will be able to forever worship Him, forever be wrapped in His love forever
I have no doubt God intentionally creates this feeling of nostalgia for a place we have never been
He wants us to always be reminded that His eternal home for us will always be better than any home or place here on earth
To remind us that that the only home we are to long for is His home
Knowing that my real home is with Him
Knowing that I wont be landing at a final desination but rather a path
 This creates a bravery I never knew I had to go into the unknown
Excitement, desire and yet peace waiting expectantly for when He calls me to GO

I will embrace being homesick and embrace wherever He calls me to next along this path
Because He has promised that walking along with Him is better than we can ever imagine

I can’t wait to see what He has in store

“You have made us for Yourself, and our hearts are restless until they find their rest in You."
- Saint Augustine







3 comments:

  1. Yay Jessie! I am so glad you are at a point to share this! Praying for you, girl. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jesse! You inspire me! I love your beautiful blog posts and this one is awesome!
    Love you and am thinking of how bold you ARE --<3 praying for you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love this post! Your love for Jesus is so evident and it's awesome watching your journey unfold. He will hold you and keep you no matter where you are!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear how you are enjoying your journey!