Thursday, May 22, 2014

Where I Fell In Love




I never understood when someone said they "are in love with the Lord"
Or "first and foremost, I love the Lord"
You mean you love Him more than your spouse or child?
It seemed silly for me to hear
I didnt get it

Three years ago I sat here with my first devotional and an unopened bible
I asked myself "how do I fall in love with God?" 
I came with no dreams, no direction for my life
No expectations
All I had to offer was an open heart and mind 
I didn't want to come 
(lets just say the mornings were not  the easiest for me) 

But I came 
I came with surrender
I came morning after morning to this place
 To seek Him

"Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know"
Jeremiah 33:3

I started out with devotionals that would lead me deeper into the Bible
Trusting in His Timing
Walking in His Blessings
Thankfulness
Your Beautiful Purpose
The Great Commission
Praying Boldly 

Then a funny thing happened,
What started out as something I thought I "had" to do as a Christian,
Became something I craved

Every morning I found myself craving Him more and more

A Proverbs 31 Woman is becoming someone I aspire to be

I am understanding what it means to walk with the Lord

Dreams are forming in my heart I never imagined

My hunger to know more of Him is increasing

My prayer life is becoming more intimate and tearful

I look forward to my nighttime prayers to be in the presence of the Lord

I am bold in my prayers and pray for things that require Divine Intervention

I am finally understanding true meaning of marriage and the purpose of a Godly wife

My heart is breaking for the things that break the heart of God...
...And I am actually DOING something about it

My expectations of my future husband are becoming more established

He is placing boldness and courage deep within me

I have stopped comparing myself to the world and more to what the Word says about me

I am discovering the true character of our God
Kind
Compassion
Loving
Faithful
Loyal
Forgiving

"You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."
Jeremiah 29:13




The Lord accepted that I was broken, selfish and a work in progress
(still am!)
He found me anyway 
He romanced me anyway
He pursued me anyway 
He transformed me anyway

It was here at this table, in complete surrender where I fell in love 
I can honestly say with 100% certainty and faithfulness
I love the Lord my God with ALL my heart, strength, mind and soul

"I love you, O Lord, my strength"
Psalm 18:1 







1 comment:

I would love to hear how you are enjoying your journey!