Thursday, November 19, 2015

Where is Your Power Source?

Such a blessing to be able to share my love for Advocare and my story of the joys and disappointments of chasing my DREAMS. 


This past weekend some women and I hosted a Ladies Night Out using AdvoCare as our platform
We got to share about some of our amazing holiday products while encouraging & empowering  women
BOTH I LOVE

But let me share a bit more why I LOVE AdvoCare 
The world class products literally transform people's lives from the inside out
The business opportunity allows ordinary people to live an extraordinary lives
This company goes above and beyond to give their distributors the best leadership training
Not only on the products but how to be a leader with your family, friends and community

Leadership is one of the most fulfilling jobs but it can also be quite draining
People can be difficult 
Business may be slow
You lack direction in your business 
We may be quick to give up
So, what do we do in the world of AdvoCare?
We plug into our "source of power"
We have a chat with our leader and mentor
We listen to a team phone call
We attend an event
We get filled up with encouragement, inspiration and wisdom 
Then we head back on our way reenergized and continue to lead!  


These two are the best! Loved being able to speak into the hearts of women with them.
My best friend Molly, Rachelle from Advocare Corporate and myself 

But where do we go when we get drained in life?

Where do we go when we feel lost?
When our future seems so foggy we can take another step?
When anxiety and worry take over our hearts and minds?
Where, or Whom, do we plug into to give us our power?

These past two weeks, on top of the two major events I was planning and creating a new normal routine in my life, I also attended my hillsong ministry school, worked my AdvoCare business, worked all week at the Non-profit, got my crossfit workout in, and of course Facetimed with nephews! 

ALL I LOVE but when I am just going through the motions to get them checked off it is exhausting
And quite frankly, not how we are supposed to live
 I was exhausted, feeling no energy, feeling sorry for myself 
I had literally no energy, no power left
 I tried everything from a couple too many cups of Spark to thinking I could take a nap during the Seahawks game- MISTAKE!

This week I finally stopped and asked myself what was going on
Why do I feel so "off"?
Where do I usually find my strength?

 I find physical strength in sleep, eating healthy, exercise and SPARK!
That gives me my physical energy

But what about when I mentally can't go on?
I find my strength in Christ 

From prayer
Daily devotions
Prayer
Communicating daily with the Lord
Prayer
Encouraging others

Yup, I didnt do much of any of those things this past week

I opened my mind to receive information on leadership training
But didn't fill my mind with the Word 

I opened my heart to feel unnecessary emotion for a friend
But didn't ask God to fill it with His love 

I filled my mind with thoughts of fear and doubt
But didn't the Lord to take those away 

Think of trying to turn on your hair dryer without plugging it in
How would that work for you?
Not very good and probably pretty exhausting and frustrating
This was me this past week
Trying to gain energy from my own power source

I realized I only work well when I am plugged into The Mighty Power

Plugged into the Power Source who promises to protect and provide
The Power Source that speaks with wisdom and knowledge 
The Power Source that ignites purpose, hope and passion
He gives me energy

Plugging in for me includes finding time for morning and nightly prayers
Morning devotions
Staying in communication with the Lord
Asking Him to fill my heart with His Promises
Purposeful prayer
Intentional prayer
Reading His Word

Being filled with Him instead of looking for the worlds source of power

Where do you plug-in?
My prayer is you chose Him as your Power Source
I promise He will always give you the energy you need 



Molly had this event on her heart for a year and we started planning it this past summer.
It was  a dream come true and hopefully more to come!






No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear how you are enjoying your journey!