Saturday, January 2, 2016

Embracing the Year Ahead {2016}



A New Year brings much expectation and excitement this time of year
And even from the beginning, God designed seasons for our lives
Change of seasons is a necessary, and biblical, process for growth
To move forward into the greater purpose of our lives

"As long as the earth endures, 
seedtime and harvest, 
cold and heat, 
summer and winter, 
day and night will never cease"
Gen. 8:22

Can I be honest here? Looking back at 2015, it was a tough year for me
So the change of season is very welcomed in my life
Trying to find my path in life in Arizona was not easy in 2015 
Distractions 
Lost stability
Lost vision
Lost my balance
I felt lost 

Then one day this fall, as I was literally wondering in the desert
I knew God was calling me back
He chased me down
Pursued me and guided me back to His path
Because that is what God does

 We can get lost in life sometimes
Get distracted on the wrong path
Make one wrong decision and feel completely lost 
It might be for a day or for a year

But through it all, here is what I learned;
Through our wondering
Through our confusion
Through our doubt
We might wonder for a bit
But God will never leave us wondering

He showed me more of His Grace this year than ever before 
He showed me more of His Mercy this year than ever before
He showed me more of His fierce Love this year than ever before 
And this fall, He released a passionate pursuit to bring me back
I felt Jesus more than ever before this year 

So, this year was one of the most challenging, emotionally exhausting, and physically demanding
But here is the thing, when we decide to walk with Jesus, not ONE STEP is wasted
Not a single moment, decision, or experience is wasted
Not one year is wasted when we walk with Jesus

He will use all things to work together for OUR good and HIS Glory 

"And we know that in ALL things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose." Romans 8:28


God will use 2015 to make us stronger
God will use 2015 to equip and prepare us
God will use 2015 to strengthen our testimony 
God will USE ALL things in 2015 for His Glory 
It is His promise

Today is day 2 of a new season
 I am believing for more Grace and more Mercy
Bigger blessings and bigger favor in 2016 
And so should you 

I dont know what your 2015 was like
Maybe it was the best year ever
Maybe you had a few struggles and trials 
Maybe you want to forget all of 2015
Maybe you don't remember 2015 

Whatever the case, a new season is upon us
Let us learn from the lessons of 2015 and embrace the new season with gratefulness
Let us remember the moments of 2015 and embrace the new season with an expectant heart

Let us embrace the new season knowing God is still on the throne directing, guiding, loving and preparing us for HIs Glory and His plan... which is always better than we can ever imagine

Cheers to enjoying the journey in 2016
It is going to be an amazing year ahead





Home in Arizona



1 comment:

  1. Love, love, love, love, LOVE. Yes, Jessie!! God is SO good to faithfully pursue us all of our days, even when we feel overwhelmed or aren't pursuing Him. I look back and feel like it is ONLY by the sheer mercy & grace of God that I know Him like I do now. And I know that there is SO much more to learn! So much more growing. I love that all of our days are used for OUR good and HIS glory. Because He loves us that much. :)

    Keep writing, love! Your voice is powerful. <3

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear how you are enjoying your journey!